Wednesday 3 June 2015

I am a silly girl

I was 5, and you were 3.
I was lying on my bed,
you were standing at your window stilt,
your eyes shining with innocence,
my heart full of love,
we became friends in a way,
that is beyond human understanding,
the force that bound us together,
was destiny, and love.
I was proud,
proud of my 'new friend',
proud of my 'best friend'.

I was 11, you were 9.
We roamed around on
the roads together,
collected flowers and
danced in the rain.
I was a silly girl,
and you were always the smart one.
We spent hours,
in each other's company,
we laughed, played,
and ate, ate a lot.
I was happy, and content with,
my 'best friend'.

I was 15 you were 13.
We stood up for each other,
you always had my back.
The world was jealous,
of how perfect we were.
I believed I never needed,
anything but you beside me.
We fought, cried, almost broke apart.
But,
I didn't want to give up,
not yet.
After all, they say that
"a friendship that lasts seven years, lasts a lifetime"
I was betrayed, alone, desolated,
but you came back,
you brought back the colour in my life.
I thought, that the dark times were gone,
I thought we were back,
back to you being my 'best friend'.
I was a silly girl,
and you were always the smart one.
I believed in forever and infinity,
while you lived in reality.

I am 17, you are 15.
I don't have a 'best friend' anymore.
I just have memories,
and the window across my house,
reminds me,
of what we were.
But the tears on my pillow,
remind me of what we have become.
It's my fault,
I am a silly girl,
and you're still the smart one.

2 comments: